||February 8 , 2006
||February 12, 2006
AOSD 2006 would not be possible without the enthusiastic contribution of student volunteers. Approximately ten external volunteer positions are
available for students who have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of
other—more exotic—languages will be apreciated.
What you get
- Free student registration for the conference.
- When on duty: a high chance to be assigned to the tutorials, workshops, demonstrations or other events of interest to you
- When not on duty: free admission to all events of interest to you, if space is available
- Please see the student accommodations page for information on special hotel rates for students, and use the AOSD Wiki to look for other students to share with.
What you provide
- Technical assistance for the main conference sessions, workshops,
tutorials, demonstrations, spring school, student extravaganza or
- Help at the registration desk, mail-room, refreshment area or wardrobe
- Help in arranging, rearranging and dearranging conference facilities
- Technical assistance to speakers and conference participants
- Enrollment as full-time student during the 2005-2006 academic year
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in other languanges is an advantage.
- Both PhD students and masters students may apply.
How to apply
Send your application in English by email to the Student
Volunteers Chair volunteersaosd.net. Your application should include:
- Short CV (one page or less). Please indicate all languages
that you are proficient in (and level of proficiency). In case you have previously contributed to
the organization of similar events, please explain your contributions.
- A scanned copy (gif or jpeg file) of:
- a valid student ID –OR–
- a letter from your institution certifying your full-time
student status at the time of the AOSD.06 conference
- Contact name, phone number, and email address of a faculty
member at your institution
- A reference letter from the faculty member stating your involvement with AOSD and the relevance of AOSD.06 for your studies
- Your date of arrival
- Choice between:
- Booking accomodation yourself. You can use the AOSD Wiki to find people for sharing rooms, and the accommodations page for information on some local hotels.
- Let us book your accommodations. See below.
The deadline for application is February 8, 2006. All applicants will receive notification by February 12, 2006. Selection
among equally qualified applicants will be done on a first-come-first-accepted basis.
If you have further questions please contact the student volunteer chair
Tobias Rho, volunteersaosd.net.
Edited by the AOSD Conference Committee. Send comments to: webmasteraosd.net
|All images copyright Michael Sondermann, City of Bonn Press Office (Presseamt Bonn)