[aosd-announce] Registration for ooPSLA 2007

cfp at oopsla.org cfp at oopsla.org
Sun Aug 12 12:07:49 EDT 2007

                   >>>  REGISTRATION NOW OPEN  <<<

                             ooPSLA 2007

                22nd Annual ACM SIGPLAN Conference on
  object-oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications

                         October 21-25, 2007
                   Palais des Congres de Montreal
                      Montreal, Quebec, Canada

                          http://oopsla.org/

Registration is now open for ooPSLA 2007, convening October 21 through
25 in chic, sophisticated, metropolitan Montreal, Quebec.

NO ORDINARY CONFERENCE

ooPSLA is the premier conference for innovative and thought-provoking
ideas, for seeking comment on works in progress, and (frequently, we're
proud to say) for presenting Turing Award lectures on significant works.
It is where industry experts and their academic peers gather to:

    * Improve programming languages
    * Refine the practice of software development
    * Explore new paradigms

It’s the place where people devoted to the art and craft of software
development gather to share ideas, to push the boundaries, and to
learn and create.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

John McCarthy. Patti Maes. Gregor Kiczales. Fred Brooks. We all recognize
these as the names of researchers who have made profound contributions
to computing and software. They are also the headline speakers at this year’s
ooPSLA, where you’ll hear what they are thinking about in 2007. ooPSLA
invited talks have a well-deserved reputation for energizing software
developers with ideas that stretch our collective mind.

Jim Purbrick and Mark Lentczner. You may not recognize these names,
but you might know their alter egos: Babbage Linden and Zero Linden,
of Linden Labs. They are the creators of Second Life, a 3D virtual
world that is changing how we think about the real world, how we live
in multiple worlds, and how we do business in the 21st century. Purbrick
and Lentczner are the Onward! keynote speakers.

Peter Turchi. He is the director of the MFA Program for Writers at Warren
Wilson College. You certainly don’t recognize his name. Turchi is the
award-winning author of Maps of the Imagination, an exploration of the
relationships between creative writing, making maps, and creativity. He is
our keynote speaker, and perhaps the most mind-bending of all our speakers.

That's just a sampling of what makes ooPSLA the conference of choice
for software technologists---from recognized academics to
undergraduate students, from industrial researchers to developers and
managers, from the creators of technology to its users.

We are proud to offer you ooPSLA and look forward to sharing the experience
with you in Montréal this fall.

Co-located events:

DLS 2007 (http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/dls07/)
ISMM 2007 (http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~greg/ismm07/)
WikiSym 2007 (http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/)
LCSD 2007 (http://lcsd.cs.tamu.edu/2007/)
APL 2007 (http://www.sigapl.org/apl2007.html)
Mini PloP (http://refactory.com/OOPSLA_Workshop.html)
CompFrame 2007 (http://www.compframe.org/compframe2007/)

For more information and to register, go to http://oopsla.org/.

Gail E. Harris, ooPSLA 2007 Advertising Chair