[aosd-announce] OOPSLA Call for Posters, Demos and other late content

cfp at oopsla.org cfp at oopsla.org
Sun Jun 3 20:05:57 EDT 2007

**** What's oopsla up to?

The leading forum for innovative and thought-provoking ideas in
object-oriented programming for 21 years, oopsla is taking on today's
software challenges, attracting people interested in:

    * programmer productivity
    * secure and reliable software
    * changing hardware platforms
    * ultra-large scale systems

oopsla is the premier conference for publishing state of the art research, for
seeking comment on works in progress, for sharing practical experiences,  and
(frequently, we're proud to say) for presenting Turing Award lectures on
significant works. It is where industry experts and their academic peers
gather to

    * improve programming languages
    * refine the practice of software development
    * explore new paradigms

Through collaboration, diversity, and incubation we are overcoming the
challenges facing the software industry.

**** The conference isn't until October, what's happening now?

Right now we're looking for submissions for:
   * Posters
   * Demonstrations
   * Doctoral Symposium
   * Onward! Tools and Films
   * Student Research Competition

Visit http://www.oopsla.org/2007/submissions to see how you can contribute.

Furthermore, the accepted workshops are looking for submissions. Visit
http://www.oopsla.org/2007/workshops to see the list of accepted workshops.
Submissions to workshops should be to the workshop organizer.

All year long the conference committee works hard to organize the program.
People like you — developers, researchers, industry experts, and academics
from around the world — contribute most of the content. Contributing provides
tremendous satisfaction and pride in sharing your knowledge and insight. A
bonus is the chance to meet a like (or unlike) mind who's worked on similar
problems, providing an opportunity for feedback and brainstorming solutions
to sticky problems.

Contribute to oopsla and you will be enriched as you enrich the world of
software.

**** And when are those submissions due?

July 2, 2007 - Submission Deadline for Posters, Demonstrations, Doctoral
Symposium, Onward! Tools and Films, Student Research Competition, and Student
Volunteers

October 21, 2007 - Conference starts

Contact the workshop organizer for deadlines of that specific workshop.

In addition, there are four symposia that will be co-located with OOPSLA 2007.
These may be appropriate if you want to target a very specific audience. Here
are their web sites:

* Dynamic Languages Symposium
   --- http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/dls07/
* International Symposium on Memory Management
   --- http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~greg/ismm07/
* WikiSym
   --- http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/
* Library-Centric Software Design Symposium
   --- http://lcsd.cs.tamu.edu/2007/

--
For more information, visit http://oopsla.org

Program Chair